Since 2010, the Confer® Mentoring Program has provided training, mentoring, and classroom support for Pre-AP® and AP® teachers by matching educators with experienced and recognized master teachers who have strong track records of success in the classroom. These Catalyst™ Mentors are current or former College Board® presenters and/or readers who understand Advanced Placement® - the course, the exam, and strategies that result in student success.
The Confer Mentoring Program components and benefits:
- *TEA reimburses school/district up to $450 Teacher Training Reimbursement through its AP/IB Incentive Program. Regular price of the program is $750 per teacher and has ended. Late Registration is $850 per teacher and ends October 17, 2017. Credit Cards and Purchase Orders Accepted. Same reimbursement benefits as APSI. No travel necessary!
- Center for Educational ReVision (“CerV”), an official TEA CPE provider, awards Master Teacher Candidate (MTC) with 30 hours of Continuing Professional Education credit. Earn credits without leaving work or home.
- CerV matches a Catalyst Mentor with a cohort of 8-15 Pre-AP or AP MTC in English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Global Languages. (At present only AP Spanish Language available.) Small groups for personalized attention.
- One designated day per month, Catalyst Mentor leads a 90-minute video conference with cohort, providing guided training in a collaborative setting. Each MTC receives one individual conference bimonthly as well. Ongoing support and feedback.
- Catalyst Mentor creates a customized year-long Pacing Plan built on proven, subject-specific content and supported by timelines and milestones. Scaffolding skills through a comprehensive plan.
- Publishers will be providing complimentary textbooks(print version or e-books) and other ancillary materials. Catalyst Mentors will supply numerous handouts for content, strategies, pacing, and planning. Resources from mentors and publishers.
- Proprietary software system provides a platform for TEA documentation and sharing resources. Track progress throughout the year.